Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tiny Houses

For the past year or so, I've been seeing pictures of tiny houses everywhere! I always liked the idea, but though "I'd never be able to live in a tiny house!" AND THEN I REALIZED I LIVE IN A TINY HOUSE. Well, apartment technically. We live in a bachelor apartment that's smaller then most tiny houses i've seen!

The main thing is that it is an open concept. Sure, you've got little space, but any sized place can feel small depending on how you use the space. You could have a giant house but if it's filled to the brim with dressers and couches and tables, with those tops being cluttered with silly things,it's going to feel small. If you have less stuff and keep things tidy, it really doesn't matter how small a place you live in. I've been living here for a year and a half, and my old bedroom at my moms still looks like someone lives there, because I didn't bring stuff I don't need, and I have never missed anything! Except maybe my mom.

Anyways, I got a little carried away. Here are some tiny houses I've been loving.


compareskiphire: Malissa’s Tiny House - I would love one of these as a studio/guest house.

11 Tiny Houses We Love | 11 Tiny Houses We Love - Yahoo Homes

Tiny house, screened Terrace

MiniMotives Tiny House Exterior



tiny houses. Open and clean. Everything has it's place. Perfection.

What kind of house/apartment do you live in?


Cheers!

Rowan



Find me here:
PINTEREST   /  ETSY  /  BLOGLOVIN  /  TWITTER

feel free to contact me at: rowan.manto@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I saw something written about the tiniest self built house the other week.. I live in a modest sized house but it actually left me thinking I have way too much space! At least I'd be able to make less of a mess if I had less opportunity to :)

    I love the layout of your blog, its absolutely gorgeous.

    I am a new blogger and also now a new follower of you too.. I've just started up my own blog talking about random travel adventures, inspirational stuff, beauty and fashion bits :) I'd love it if you wanted to stop by and follow me back?

    Much love, Alice x

    http://thriftyfirecracker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's true! Tiny houses are becoming pretty popular lately.
    I enjoy smaller spaces because or else I'd have too much stuff, haha!

    And thank you!
    I'd love to check your blog out, I always love finding new ones.

    Rowan.

    ReplyDelete