Sunday 21 September 2014

DIY Coffee Blend

I love coffee as much as the next 'gal, but you know what I love even more? Fancy coffee; French vanilla, hazelnut topped with whipped cream...the works. So after buying pre-made coffee blends (and by that I mean instant mix because I'm a lazy lady), I decided to make my own. You can even wrap it up nicely as a gift! 

Coffee Tea Print Typography I like big cups - 11x14 Poster wall art decor kitchen Starbucks white cup mustard yellow brown tan taupe. , via Etsy.

You will need:
Four vanilla beans
Cinnamon and/or nutmeg 2 tsp
1 lb freshly ground coffee beans

Deciding whether to use cinnamon or nutmeg in your blend is a personal choice, I like nutmeg but others don't. Or make one of each!  

Another choice is what type of coffee beans! I like medium fair trade coffee from Kenya, 

1. Mix two teaspoons of your choice 
Into a pound of freshly ground coffee beans, 
2. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla beans and mix them into the blend as we (just slice it up the side and open it, then scrape away!).

How to use fresh vanilla beans


What do you think?

Cheers!

Rowan



Find me here:
PINTEREST   /  ETSY  /  BLOGLOVIN  /  TWITTER

feel free to contact me at: rowan.manto@gmail.com








0 comments:

Post a Comment